Yellowstone Park: As precious as it ever was

I’m Jim Feldkamp, nature lover and photographer. I’ve often been asked which is my favorite place to visit. Oftentimes, the name of Yellowstone Park comes up. While I don’t get to visit Yellowstone as often as I’d want to (maybe once every two years), I make the most of my time in the park.

Image source: brushbucktours.com
I was fortunate enough to go to Yellowstone in 2018. There were a number of hikers and photographers like myself who were all enthralled by the majesty the park presents at every turn. Being the first national park in existence, Yellowstone is still as precious as it ever was.

Image source: actionhub.com
Last year, newcomers to the park were mesmerized by the Grand Prismatic Spring, the largest hot spring in the United States. Often described as a rainbow on the ground, Grand Prismatic Spring has always been a favorite of photographers old and new because of all the natural colors that envelop it from the bacterial mats.

Of course, there’s Old Faithful, which is one of the most popular geysers known to man. Not only is it one of the largest geysers in existence, it’s also one of the most active, with extreme water spouts shooting up every hour at an average.

And speaking of geysers, Castle Geyser shoots water up to almost a hundred feet in the air, and is quite a sight to behold.

If these springs and geysers don’t get you excited, there’s always the backdrop of nature that can be more captivating than anything you’ve ever seen.

Hello! Jim Feldkamp’s the name. As a nature photographer, I love outdoor sports a lot. For more about the stuff I love, check out this page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look at two of my favorite outdoor sports.

Nature photography 101: The equipment.

Going on a nature shoot? Here are important safety reminders.